Whether your a tail-dragger or tricycle kind of guy, the RV-8/8A retains the fighter-like feel of centerline seating. With a integrated Meggitt Magic 2100 AP Unit, sit back and take in the magnificent views from the 360 deg canopy. To add the icing to the cake, we had our very own Vans RV8 pilot take the controls to put her through rigorous tests. With the detailed feedback we wouldn't have been able delivered this latest master piece.
In 1995, Van’s decided to re-visit the tandem seating concept. Even though the side-by-side RV-6/6A had become the most popular homebuilt design ever, there was still a significant percentage of pilots who really wanted centerline seating. The consensus seemed to be that a roomier tandem airplane with better cross-country capability would be popular. A one-of-a-kind demonstrator was built and introduced at Oshkosh in 1995. The response left no doubt about the desire for an airplane like the RV-8. The ground around the display aircraft was beaten into a trench and Van’s personnel were fending off people waving handfuls of cash…but not for too long. The RV-8 went on the market in 1996 and complete kits were available by the end of 1998. In short order, it was followed by the kit for the tricycle gear RV-8A.
- As with every Vertigo Studios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out.
- 2 x models included, RV8 and RV8a
- Both the RV8 and RV8a boast a 3d Prop.
- 3D lights for the ultimate realism. Strobe, Landing and Navigation Lights.
- Designed and built by the book.
- Every aspect of the Rv8 development was closely monitored and tested by our very own RV8 Pilot.
- Comes complete with a comprehensive PDF manual.
- 3D ‘Sound Cone’ Technology with an amazing sound set, engineered using authentic 180 hp O-360 engine.
- DirectX 10 compatible models complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
- Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what's available by default.
- Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
- Customised high-resolution materials give the most realistic appearance to the aeroplane, whilst being optimised for great performance!
- A total of 6 paint schemes, 5 historically accurate and one fictional.
- Fuel delivery system is accurately simulated.
- Garmin 3D GPS.
- Bendix King Transponder
- Meggitt 2100 AP Unit
- Sound Design by Sonic Solutions featuring interior and exterior start, shut-down, flaps, canopy, wheel roll, crashes, tire touches, occasional sputters and back fires at certain RPM's all in 16 bit/48k mastered for maximum dynamic range and quality.
- Realistic canopy operation and animation.
- Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
- Exciting custom-made effects.
- In-game reference and check lists
- A paint kit to easily re-create your own paint schemes
- Open & close canopy
- Baggage hatch
- Wheel chocks
- Parking cones
- Canopy cover
- Easily change the 3D GPS Panel, example to the Reality XP GPS (Reality XP GPS is not included)
- Aircraft Tie-Downs